About Dr. Naomi L. Friedberg
Dr. Naomi L. Friedberg is a native of Lake Charles, Louisiana and has called Lafayette home for the past 20 years. She attended Louisiana State University for her undergraduate psychology degree, and completed her doctoral training at the University of Southern Mississippi with a specialization in counseling psychology.
She has been in private practice since 1996, providing individual psychotherapy and psychological evaluation to adolescents, adults and the elderly, with a special interest in anxiety disorders.
In her private practice in Lafayette, Dr. Friedberg provides assessment, diagnosis and psychotherapeutic treatment of a variety of mental health illnesses and life-adjustment problems across the life-span.
Her Services Include:
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for adolescents, adults and the elderly for the treatment of mental health disorders and life-adjustment issues
- Assessment, diagnosis and treatment of:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders
- Depressive and Bipolar Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Adjustment Disorders
- adolescent emotional/behavioral adjustment
- LBGT gender and identity adjustment
- Psychological clearance for bariatric surgery