About Dr. Naomi L. Friedberg
Dr. Naomi L. Friedberg is a native of Lake Charles, Louisiana and has called Lafayette home for the past 20 years. She attended Louisiana State University for her undergraduate psychology degree, and completed her doctoral training at the University of Southern Mississippi with a specialization in counseling psychology.
She has been in private practice since 1996, providing individual psychotherapy and psychological evaluation to adolescents, adults and the elderly, with a special interest in anxiety disorders.
In her private practice in Lafayette, Dr. Friedberg provides assessment, diagnosis and psychotherapeutic treatment of a variety of mental health illnesses and life-adjustment problems across the life-span.
A life-long athlete and avid runner, along with 10 years of experience in competitive distance running and triathlon, Dr. Friedberg brought her passion and interest in sport to her professional practice, and became a Certified Sport Psychologist through the American Board of Sport Psychology in the Fall of 2014. She provides the latest in scientific application of sport and performance assessment, intervention and enhancement.
Her Services Include:
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for adolescents, adults and the elderly for the treatment of mental health disorders and life-adjustment issues
- Assessment, diagnosis and treatment of:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders
- Depressive and Bipolar Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Adjustment Disorders
- adolescent emotional/behavioral adjustment
- LBGT gender and identity adjustment
- Psychological clearance for bariatric surgery
- Evidence-Based Applied Sport and Performance Psychology
- Sport Psychology Intervention and Mental Training:
- Heart Rate Deceleration/Heart Rate Variability Biofeedback
- Mental Imagery/Visualization
- Performance Enhancement Cognitive Therapy
- Injury and Rehabilitation Adjustment